Traditionally stoles are decorative sashes that graduates drape around their shoulders. They can signify special academic achievements or membership in a club. There are Greek graduation stoles, valedictorian stoles, and stoles that recognize field-specific achievements. Your stole is worth customizing because it will be a special keepsake from your graduation. Some people even frame them to hang on their walls after the ceremony! In this blog, let’s explore how to personalize your Graduation stole to the next level.
Tips You Need To Know About Grad Stoles
Students love to wear the commemorative sashes over their shoulders and get them customized themselves or through their school. You can find MyGradSole website to help you build the desired custom stole on your graduation day. Let’s read this blog further to know how to personalize your graduation stole to the next level.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind before investing in one.
- Graduation sashes and soles are the same things (though mix information about this).
- Different colors mean different things.
- Generally, stores are made using satin that needs special cleaning care.
- Distinct cultures have various fabrics for sash or stole (other than satin fabric there are other fabric options like Kente, Filipino, Native American, and Zarape/Serape graduation sashes)
- Graduation Stoles come with various customization options
Types of Graduation Stole
Graduates love displaying their personalized graduation stoles for their academic or extracurricular achievements; however, this is typically optional. Know more about graduation stole on other blogs. There are many types of graduation stoles like 3 color, 2 color, dual color, etc. But the most common and popularly used for graduation ceremonies are listed below:
- Trim V
- Trim- Sash
Types of Graduation Stole Colors
Though there are dozens of different types of graduation stoles to choose from (especially if you choose to personalize your own graduation stole) the first step is to understand what different graduation colors and symbols mean. To explore more about Graduation stole colors and their meaning, visit our other blog at the given link. Here is a list of colors for grad stoles.
- Light Blue
- Dark Blue
How to Personalize Your Graduation Stole?
Personalizing your graduation stole allows you to add a unique touch and make the moment more special. Here are some suggestions on how to personalize your graduation stole:
- Add your name, graduation year, or a personal message through embroidery or monogramming. Choose a font and color that resonate with you.
- Decorate your stole with patches or pins that represent your interests, achievements, or affiliations like academic honors, club memberships, or symbols of personal significance.
- If your school allows it, customize the colors of your stole to reflect your school or personal preferences. This can make your stole stand out and hold sentimental value.
- Incorporate quotes or messages that have inspired you during your academic journey. This could be a favorite quote, a personal mantra, or words of wisdom that hold meaning for you.
- Add elements that represent your cultural background or personal symbols that hold significance for you. This could include colors, patterns, or symbols that reflect your heritage.
- Attach small ribbons that represent your academic achievements, such as honors, awards, or special recognitions.
Moreover, remember to check with your school’s guidelines to ensure that any personalization adheres to their policies. Personalizing your graduation stole is a wonderful way to make the occasion uniquely yours. Check out the latest collection of graduation stoles on mygradstole and get your favorite personalization done to make your graduation ceremony memorable.
Personalize Your Own Grads
Personalizing your graduation stole can be a meaningful way to celebrate your achievements. In this blog, you understand how to personalize your graduation stole to the next level. The most important thing to keep in mind when you decide to wear a graduation stole, you can get it customized as per your preference and liking. Meanwhile, you need to design it as per your university or college’s guidelines for commencement day.
Commemorate your milestone by creating a perfect graduation stole with Show Your Spirit.