Graduation day is one of the most significant milestones in a student’s life. It’s a day of celebration, achievement, and recognition of the hard work put into completing a degree and getting this honor. One of the most visible and striking symbols of the ceremony is the graduation stole, an ornamental piece of fabric that drapes around the neck and hangs over the shoulders. However, did you know that graduation stole colors have hidden meanings? In this blog, we’ll guide you through all the symbolism behind the Graduation stole. Let’s see and explore them.
How to Select the Right Graduation Stole Colours?
Looking trendy and stylish on your Graduation Day with these unique stole ideas is all about combining tradition and fashion at the same time. As students march towards their academic milestones during the graduation ceremonies, one of the standout elements of the attire is their Graduation stole. Selecting the right graduation stole colors involves many factors as below:
- Academic Achievement: Choose a stole that represents your field of study or honors.
- Personal Meaning: You can choose the stole that resonates with your cultural heritage or personal affiliations, reflecting your identity and values.
- School Guidelines: Some schools/ colleges have specific rules or guidelines regarding stole colors or patterns.
- Comfort and Quality: Don’t compromise your quality. Choose the material that is comfortable for you. It should also complement your Graduation attire and be comfortable during the ceremony.
- Design/ Pattern: While significance is important, choose a stole that can be visually appealing and complement your Graduation gown.
11 Graduation Stole Colors for Every Grad
There are some distinctions in the colors that represent the diversified majors of studies. When it comes to newer fields of study, new colors are added as well. Here we mention colors that you can anticipate for graduation stoles and hoods that depict the many types of students’ majors.
- White: Humanities, Arts, English, etc.
- Beige: Business
- Green: Medicine, Pharmacy, and Physical Education
- Orange: Engineering
- Brown: Fine Arts and Architecture
- Gray: Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Light Blue: Education
- Pink: Music
- Purple: Law
- Yellow: Science and Mathematics
- Dark Blue: Philosophy and Political Science
A Graduation Stole Represents You
Your commencement sash can be many things. It can denote your academic accomplishments. It can be how you tell the world who you are and what you hold dear on your graduation day. This is why you should get a graduation stole colors that is custom-made for you.
There are hundreds of customization options so your graduation stole can be yours. You can also get them personalized from our latest collection of Graduation stole from MyGradStoles. Graduation is a major milestone, and your stole should tell the world just how proud you are of this achievement. Even after graduation, your sash can be carried with you throughout life as a reminder of this momentous day.
Follow The New Trend With Grad Stoles
With the progression of time, a solid tradition regarding colors has evolved. This means that various colors are associated with particular types of studies. As a result, the majority of educational institutions choose to use this type of traditional graduation stole when selecting their graduation stole colors for the ceremonies. Also, the colors are applied when students are being honored for completing degrees that are at the advanced level. In this case, the students wear hoods with colors that depict the field of study as well as the alma mater.